- Determine the nature and extent of knowledge gaps in the care of patients with the most common digestive diseases
- Address diagnostic and treatment guidelines
- Enhance clinical performance in digestive disease care processes.
Expected educational outcome
After the course, learners should be able to:
- Assess their own strengths and weaknesses in digestive disease
- Identify digestive diseases diagnostic algorithms and solving strategies
- Adjust their future clinical performance in light of their self-assessments.
- Gain understanding of the prescription appropriateness of PPI in
- Become familiar with up to date therapeutic management of Helicobacter pylori infection
- Develop an understanding of the diagnostic tools in the diagnosis of IBS
- Refine the knowledge and fill in the gap in the management of diverticular disease bleeding.
Methods to promote active learning
Balance between presentations and discussions is envisaged with voting by the audience during the debates which are planned for each session;
quality of discussion and interaction is enhanced thanks to smaller groups for discussions.